Hotmail Login: Hotmail sign in is one of the most popular free online email services, provided by Microsoft. It was started in in 1996 and was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith and later acquired by Microsoft in 1997.
Hotmail is actually now called Outlook.com which is better known as just Outlook.
But there are still people who refer to the site as Hotmail out of old habit. As if two names were not enough, this email service by Microsoft is alos known by many as as Live.com, Microsoft Online, and some people even think that it’s Outlook Office 365, which is not.
It is a very useful way to keep up with email, instant messaging, Xbox LIVE, and other Microsoft services. Users can use Hotmail from anywhere in the world. It was one of the world’s first webmail services and also one of the largest. The final version of Hotmail.com was made available on October 2011 which was created in 36 languages but it was later replaced by Outlook.com in 2013
To use hotmail the first thing you need to do is create an account, then you can use this account to check your emails, compose and send messages, manage your account information and calendar and perform many other functions.
How to Create an Outlook/Hotmail.com Account:
- Go to the Outlook official webpage using your search engine. On the home page you will find an option given to you- log in or create hotmail account. If you already have an account you can click on log in and enter your details but if you don’t have an account then you click on sign up.
- Proceed to fill out your personal information on the page such as name, age, gender. Create a password. It should have at least 8 characters and if you want to increase your security add numbers as well.
- You must take some precaution and take time to fill out contact information incase you lose or forgrt your password. In such a situation, you can enter your phone number so that you can change your password to a new one. However you can also select a security question.
- Prove that you are not a robot by filling out one of the Captcha numbers before you move to the next step. Agree to terms and conditions.
- Although there are many advantages of using Outlook, there are some disadvantages too like - even though users are able to block others from contacting them, however, there is no control over who adds you. Also it is not possible to forward e-mail from Hotmail to your off-line account.
How to Login into www.Hotmail.com:
- Open your web browser and enter 'Outlook' or 'Hotmail' to find your way to the Hotmail login page.
- In the first field box on the upper right side of the Hotmail sign in page enter your Email or Phone. Enter your password in the second box, which is the “Password” field, obviously.
- Incase you want to save time on your next visit to the Hotmail inbox check the “Keep me signed in” box.
- Lastly click on the button visible on the bottom page which reads “Sign in”, and you will be automatically taken your inbox where you can check and write emails as you please.
Once in a while you may come across your Outlook/Hotmail giving you some problems while accessing it. to avoid problems there are a few things you can do. Double check if you entered your username or password correctly. Also keep in mind that passwords are case sensitive, so make sure that you’re not typing your sign in credentials incorrectly due to a caps lock error or typos.
If you are entering your info properly , but still cannot access the account, go to the login page and click on the “Can’t access your account?” link. Here you need to select why you think you couldn’t access your account. Click on 'Next' ,enter your email here, enter captcha code and proceed.
Select how you want to receive your Outlook.com password recovery information, copy the code sent to your recovery option, now repeat the previous instructions but instead click on the “I Have a Code” link this time, enter the code when prompted. You issue will be resolved.
Main Features of Hotmail Login:
- Users can access free Microsoft office web apps to view, edit and share office documents without downloading it on computer or hand held device.
- You can send large files up to10 GB in one single mail
- Working simultaneously with a collegue long distance is now easy. If you and your partner want to work on a same document at the same time you can do it in the new Hotmail. It is also possible to instantly check the changes made by the other person.
- They have included a lot of time saving mechanisms which you will appreciate as a regular user of hotmail. You can edit and reply to messages. Normally you would download the whole message and then edit it and then send , but there is nor need to do so in Outlook.
- The new version has seen the introduction of some nice one click filters which allows you to filter emails with social updates, emails from regular contacts and from groups easily.
- In order to search mails effectively, Outlook login has included search auto-complete feature where you just type a few letters and it suggests you various helpful terms.
- Now you do not need to worry about useless spam taking up unwanted space in your Inbox.
- Hotmail.com helps you to take care of it and permanently solve the problem for you. Hotmail divides spam mails in two ategories, “spam” and “grey mail”. it does this based on your reaction to the mail. If user regularly puts an email in trash without reading it then it comes to know that the particular kind of mails is in the grey mail category and it blocks them in the future.